The Lost Leaf

914 N 5th Street & Roosevelt
Downtown Phoenix, Arizona - 602-258-0014

5PM - 2AM Everyday (Winter Hours)
MAP | Get Directions

The original Lost Leaf was started as a website around 2001 that sold antique art prints. Some prints from the site can be seen in the photos below.
From there we had the idea to focus on local artists and wanted to help them by giving 100% of all art sales, but needed a physical location. That original location was found at 7th and Mc Dowell, currently where the SideBar is.  It was previously a photography studio that had not been used for about 20 years. After an intense cleanup and re-paint you can see some photos below.

THEN
1/2004 - Opened as Gallery on 1st Fridays only
and private events


 


Above Pictures of the Original Lost Leaf Location top floor at 7th ave & McDowell. Which is now the SideBar (very cool check it out)

 We featured underground performances as well as Phoenix's top artists. Due to gentrification, the historic building that housed The Lost Leaf and the classic underground club the Emerald Lounge (same owner as The Ruby Room) which was there since the 40's, is now a St@rb!cks and Pe! We!, The Emerald Lounge and the Lost Leaf moved out shortly after the news and a ten fold rent increase.



Above Pictures of the Original Lost Leaf Location top floor at 7th ave & McDowell.

Check out The Side Bar located at 7th and Mc Dowell, that is the original Lost Leaf location and it's one of the best places to get a good drink in town.


3/24/2006 - Opened as Gallery on 1st Fridays only.
5/25/2007 - Opened Full Time 7 x 365


The Location for the new Lost Leaf Gallery is in the historic area near 5th Street and Roosevelt. It took 14 months starting in Mar 06 to secure a liquor license at this location (#7 Beer & Wine). During that time The Lost Leaf was open First Fridays only. As with the original location, 100% of art sales go to the artists. The Lost Leaf was started on the idea of getting local artists off the ground by not charging commission.

The house was built in the early 1920's. It has recently been restored keeping the original floors and exposed brick. In fact all the buildings brick was hand made on site.

This historic Phoenix home was the original location of Max's Sausage started by German immigrants in the early days of Phoenix. The original flag pole out front was erected in 1940 with an American flag to let Phoenicians know that they were Americans now and did not support Germany in the war. You can still find Max Pickled Sausages today around the Phoenix Area.

Centered in one of Phoenix's last original neighborhood, Evans Churchill; you'll be taken back to the beginning of our beautiful town.

St Patricks Day 2006 - First Show Ever! Pre - Opening 1 Year before full time opening.

St Patricks Day Phoenix

 

View from copper bar pre tables

Pre-Liquor License and tables, a few hundred thousand people later, the floors are not quite as nice =)

Post-Liquor License, duh =)

Art by Tato & Chadwick